In order to maintain compliance with the Blaster Trade Regulations and continue working in the trade, you are required to renew your certificate every five years. To renew your certificate, you must complete two steps:
- Complete the mandatory Blaster Certification Renewal Course and receive a mark of 70% or greater on the course assessment. The course can be completed ONLINE (fee required); AND
Complete a Blaster Certification Renewal Application (fee also required) and submit it to the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency, Halifax office.
Once you have completed requirements #1 and #2 above, your certification will be renewed and you will be mailed a new Certificate of Qualification and Photo ID.
||Where: Online through NSCC, Online Learning (BLTA-1802 'Blaster Certification Renewal')
When: Registration for the online course is now open
How to Register for ONLINE:
Contact NSCC Online Learning to register for this course. IMPORTANT! When you call, please identify yourself as a Blaster and indicate that you want to register for the Blaster Certification Renewal course:
- Halifax Metro: 902-491-3502 [Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.]
- Outside Metro [toll free]: 1-877-491-6774 (select option 3)
- Be ready to provide your Client Number [200 # found on your Photo ID Card]; and
- Social Insurance Number; and
- Email address: If you do NOT have an email address, be sure to let the staff at Online Learning know (they can provide information on setting up a free account).
Once you are registered, NSCC will send you an email with a User ID, password and course access information.